Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lost in Blogland

Having just started blogging, I decided to see what others were up to. I was absolutely floored to discover a whole gang of gluten-free bloggers! One of the blogs I visited had done some research and had come up with 90! (Before she quit looking.) The comments were full of newbie bloggers like myself saying "Hi and I blog too." All of a sudden I feel like I'm in a crowd of wonderful people who "get it", who understand "No thank you, I really can't try it.. ." I can see many sleepless nights ahead while I get lost in Blogland.

If you like chocolate cake you have got to go visit Dreena at Dreena's Vegan Recipes: Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cake (2-layer)

This cake is great with a wonderful chocolate ganache made from coconut milk and chocolate:

1 13.5 oz. can whole coconut milk
1 12 oz package dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chocolate chips

Heat one half the coconut milk to a simmer. Add the chocolate chips and reduce the heat to low. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the rest of the coconut milk. Add a touch of raspberry or orange liquor if you choose.
Chill until thickened to use as a frosting or use warm as a sauce.

Join me as I take a trip. . .

2 comments:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Welcome to the world of gluten free blogging. This ganache saounds lovely. Happy New Year!

ABSOLUTELY NOT MARTHA said...

just discovered your blog--thought you might be interested in checking out my gf blog that's mixed with other fun stuff!