Sunday, December 21, 2008

I tried a new recipe last night that had me whooping up and down! Quick, simple, fun, and unfortunately able to pack on pounds if I am not careful. Here is the recipe that I adapted from one a got in an email from a friend. I don't know where the original recipe came from or I would give them credit. . .

GLUTEN FREE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Serves 2 if you want to share

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons rice flour or gluten free flour mix without baking powder
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
pinch of salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons rice or soy milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) some nuts (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix
thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil, mixing well.
Add the vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts (if using), and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. May be eaten plain or topped with warm chocolate sauce, raspberry sauce or whipped cream.

This could also be a great last minute gift by putting the dry ingredients in a coffee mug, covering it with self-adhering plastic wrap, making a card with the rest of the ingredients and the directions and wrapping all in colorful cellophane. Let me know how this works for you.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Emil said...

Nice composition involving an important issue in our day to day health issues. Keep up the good work, and make this an important issue for people to consider.

Emil

MsGraysea said...

Hello,
I am a Marcia from the other side of the country...>Cape Cod in MA.
In reading about your allergies, I wonder if you are familiar with the blog of a dear friend of mine...Gluten Free Goddess. She has similar allergies to yours.
I will be back to read more here.
Happy New Year